Buyer – Hampshire – Permanent – up to £42,000
Excipion’s premium automotive client are looking for a Buyer to join their Purchasing Team.
You will be responsible for securing the supply of low volume Bespoke Commission Collection components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets. This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible invest/unit costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints. You will be an expert in project management ensuring all parts are supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timeline. You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties involved.
The successful candidate will:
- A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification;
- Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment;
- Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes;
- Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers;
- Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes;
- Good problem solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time and logistics issues;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
This role will suit a Commodity Buyer or Buyer or Purchasing Officer or Lead Buyer or Commodity Manager or Procurement Specialist or Purchasing Specialist.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call John on 02392 314 675 for a confidential discussion
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.