Cyber Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst Birmingham Permanent – £50k + car
Excipion are working with one of the UK’s leading FM companies, helping them to build out a growing IT team for their Birmingham location.
They work with some of the best-known companies and venues in the UK, due to growth they are looking for an Information Security Analyst with good SOC experience to join the team.
It’s a hands-on position, with responsibilities covering daily operations, incident response, SIEM as well as policy and procedure work to ensure the company is adequately protected.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Assist with risk assessments to identify, record and mitigate risks where possible,
- Respond to security events, requests and incidents from systems such as Remedy
- Ensure that threats, vulnerabilities and breaches are managed to minimise impact to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data.
- Perform regular network and wireless vulnerability assessments, work closely with support teams to monitor and address weaknesses
- Use SIEM and service reporting tools to monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify irregular activity and behaviours.
- Refine and develop dashboards and reports to improve security awareness
- Use security tools and develop simple scripts to assist with the ongoing analysis of a security event or incident.
As a “go to” member of the operational security team you’ll guide and support other areas of the business on all things Cyber Security, as well as maintain and improve your knowledge through relevant training and events.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Certifications such as Security+, Offensive Security or similar
- Windows, Unix/Linux and/or Networking knowledge
- Practiced with tools like Nessus, Saint and other Kali-Based tools
- Worked with SIEM tools such as AlienVault or Splunk
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls
- Knowledge of penetration testing techniques
- Ability to identify and define risk mitigation strategies
- Worked with frameworks such as ISO, NIST, COBIT or PCI
On offer for the right candidate is a compelling benefits package including a salary of up to £50,000 and a car allowance of £425/month. As well as this there is a benefits package with great pension contributions and everything you would expect from one of the UK’s leading employers.
For more information, hit apply now with an up to date CV and contact information.
Information Security Analyst Birmingham Permanent – £50k+car
Keywords – SOC Analyst, AV, IDS, SIEM, FIM, IAM, DLP, Python, Power shell, SQL, penetration testing, ISO, NIST, COBIT, PCI, GDPR
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.