Data Manager – Information Systems – Oxfordshire – £46,000 – £48,000
An opportunity for an Information Systems Data Manager to join an organisation in an exciting time of change and restructure.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Data Management lifecycle. This includes developing, implementing and driving direction of the data strategy and data management tehcniques, including creating and implementing policies to ensure effective data management.
You will manage the IS Data Analysts on a day-to-day basis.
This is a new position within the company and therefore offers an excellent opportunity for the Data Manager to build processes and policies from scratch, as well as assessing whether current Business Intelligence tools are suitable, and if not then identifying and selecting new systems.
– Proven working experience as a Data Manager, including developing and implementing Data Management strategies, policies and processes
– Strong practical experience in data governance and assurance implementation
– Knowledge of data quality related analytical tools
– Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
– Extensive Data Quality Management experience
– Strong knowledge of relational databases and how they work (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
– Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing data sets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
– Strong team player
– Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
– The ability to look at issues from a broad perspecitive, to come up with imaginative solutions, and to identify innovative alternatives to varying situations or problems
You must be able to obtain SC clearance for this position. Current and Active Security Clearance is preferred, but candidates with no impedimence to gaining SC will also be considered with the view to gain clearance upon offer of the role.
This is initially a 2 year fixed-term contract. It is anticipated that this will become a permanent role within those 2 years.
Package : £46,000 – £48,000 + holiday + benefits + Pension
For more information about the day-to-day responsibilities for this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Rebecca on email@example.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.