Interim Head of Compliance
I am looking for a Interim Head of Compliance based in Greenwich, London for a 6 month contract. This role offers a competitive market rates.
1. To take direct and indirect operational responsibility for ensuring the Client’s compliance with its landlord statutory and non-statutory duties and obligations is met and maintained on the portfolios assigned to the post holder.
2. Provide strategic direction and risk management accountability for compliance on the portfolios assigned to the post holder.
* Operates within a framework set by Corporate and Departmental Management Teams, but with freedom to influence the shape of services.
* Policy and service development involvement.
* Wide range of internal and external contacts and partnership working.
* Management / leadership of a high performance team.
* Budget responsibility – up to £5 million both revenue and capital expenditure
* Safety, legislative and reputation management
Key outputs required for the 6 months:
* Developing a compliance management strategy
* Leading on developing a comprehensive and consistent approach to compliance management across all compliance areas, including processes and systems
* Developing effective and robust quality assurance for all compliance areas, including data management
* Managing compliance delivery across a number of distinct teams, and working with the Assistant Director, Repairs and Investment to develop a new compliance management structure
Good working knowledge of Keystone would be an advantage.
Understanding and experience of strategic planning and operational management in a compliance driven environment
Experience of monitoring risks relating to compliance and developing mitigation and contingency management plans
Experience of accumulating risk data through checklists, inspections and audits
Experience of developing compliance programmes for testing, inspection and cyclical maintenance work
Experience of providing advice related to compliance and health and safety regulations
Experience of working collaboratively and in consultation with workforce to identify and manage risk
Strong budget and financial management experience
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to provide clear, confident and effective leadership in a highly pressurised environment, motivating others to maximise their performance and delegating effectively where appropriate.
Extensive knowledge of current legislation covering all areas of statutory compliance for effective asset management and development within a social housing environment
Sound understanding of and ability to apply quality assurance and performance monitoring techniques
Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess and evaluate a range of options and able to think strategically and contribute to the overall success of the business
Good business acumen and commercial awareness, including business risks, rewards and continuous improvement
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the capacity to represent the authority externally, to write reports, to provide expert advice, and to communicate with a variety of audiences
Ability to manage complexity and change and to be creative and innovative in finding solutions an