Procurement Manager £40,000 – £45,000 Wigan Permanent
Excipion are currently working with a highly reputable manufacturing organisation based in Wigan. My client is looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to join their team on permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be key member of the company’s senior management team. As the Head of Procurement, you will be tasked with running the Purchasing, Supply Chain and Stock Control processes, developing supply-based contracts and expanding scope on current areas of supply.
- Extensive procurement experience in manufacturing environment within a small to medium size company, preferably related to buying/management experience in building equipment components and materials.
- Background in lean manufacturing processes and a working knowledge of MRP & ERP systems.
- Convincing overall management-level awareness and understanding of the goals and objectives of the contracts & procurement function; the ability to define, initiate and fully implement actions necessary to achieve procurement functional excellence.
- Strategic thinker and ability to contribute at the seniority of the Management Team level as well as being a strong leader; with the ability to drive change and process improvements.
- You will be an excellent communicator, being comfortable dealing with all levels of stakeholder’s, with the ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequent changing priorities.
- Strong IT skills
This role will suit someone currently working as a Head of Procurement or Head of Supply Chain or Procurement Lead or Purchasing Manager or Procurement Manager or Supply Chain Manager or Procurement and Supply Chain Manager within an Manufacturing business.
To apply for this role call Calum Brown at Excipion on 02392 322337 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.