Procurement Manager – London Permanent – Up to £64,000
Excipion’s leading rail client are looking for a Procurement Manager to lead and manage the procurement function to maximise value for money in the acquisition of goods and services through sustainable efficient and effective practices and in compliance with statutory guidelines and best practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage external spend (c.£30m per annum) ensuring money is spent effectively through the Procurement team ensuring negotiation of best value contracts and agreements as well as quality goods and services
- Influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders up to Director level, constructively challenging and supporting them to solve problems and realise opportunities whilst ensuring compliance with procurement and commercial policies.
- Advise on complex, high profile and high value procurement projects, providing commercial advice, ensuring quality of goods and services and value for money in a compliant manner, responsive to stakeholder requirements.
- Lead the provision of contract management advice to managers in order to successfully deliver key industry-facing and corporate services that rely on suppliers.
- Manage and develop the procurement team, ensuring they are equipped to support key business areas.
- Effectively manage the procurement budget.
- Review and update procurement policy and processes ensuring compliance and efficiency are at the heart of the team’s approach.
- Oversee analysis of spend and contract data to inform the strategy for procuring goods and services.
The successful candidate will have:
- CIPS Qualification or equivalent experience with good working knowledge of contract law and OJEU
- A proven track record of strategic sourcing and procuring a wide range of goods and services in a range of organisations and an ability to adapt to and lead procurement on various disciplines
- Ability to run legally compliant tenders, and experience of managing mini competitions from existing frameworks including experience of drafting and advising on complex tender documentation, specifications and pricing schedules to support the tender process.
- Strong negotiation skills, a good understanding of contract law and knowledge and experience of the application of the Public Procurement Regulations 2015
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Knowledge and experience of recent developments in procurement best practice
- Proven track record in influencing and managing procurement improvements and delivering savings
This role will suit a Procurement Manager or Head of Procurement or Category Manager or Sourcing Manager or Procurement Specialist or Purchasing Manager or Head of Purchasing
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren on 02392322325 for a confidential discussion.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.