Senior Buyer – Rotherham – Permanent – £37,000- £42,000 plus Car
Excipion’s leading civils and infrastructure client are looking for a Senior buyer to work on a new awarded contract and support the division to achieve their Business Plan through the implementation of the group supply chain strategy and policies in the day-today procurement of ash-felt, aggregates and concrete
Main duties will include:
- Guidance and support the contracts admin team, ensuring that the Group Framework Agreements are utilised correctly.
- Negotiate, draft, manage and review Local Purchasing Agreements with SMEs in accordance with group policy and process, for sign off by Procurement Manager.
- Identify procurement betterment against group frameworks and advise the Supply Chain Team accordingly.
- Aggregate spend where possible to ensure best commercial return.
- Carry out third party audits on local supply chain to ensure compliant with eSource Vendor Management System, to implement regular 180/360 degree reviews of strategic and preferred Supply Chain coordinating responses received and implementing performance improvement planning.
- To provide governance in the correct use of processes, procedures and authorisation for all purchases managed within the division.
- To liaise with Operations in the management of stock for the division including profiling, locations, picking, logistics, replenishment and reconciliation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Five years’ experience in a buying role within the civils/ construction industry
- Experience procuring goods such as concrete and aggregates
- A CIPS qualification
- In depth knowledge of the industry and market knowledge to coach others
- Strong computer skills
This role will suit someone currently working as a Buyer or Senior Buyer or Procurement Lead or Category Manager or Strategic Buyer or Procurement Specialist within a Civils and Infrastructure business.
To apply for this role call Lauren Bird-Newell at Excipion on 02392 322 325 or e-mail your CV to email@example.com.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.