Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Mechanical)
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Mechanical) – Farnham – £40,000 – £45,000 – Permanent
Excipion are recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join a global leading organisation based in Farnham, Surrey.
My client is an SME that designs and manufactures a range of Switches, Gauges, Transmitters & Manifolds for a wide range of applications and industries.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will take an active Lead in Procurement Projects and will be tasked with the following:
- Supplier selection and approval to include audits & negotiation.
- Generate supplier confidentiality and service level agreements.
- Generate RFQ (Request For Quotation) packs for new supplier’s, to include drawings, usage and target pricing.
- Prepare supporting information for cost negotiation with suppliers, including usage information, competitive quotations and comparisons, engineering data/drawings, annual spend with supplier’s.
- Resolution of supply issues
- Experience sourcing Electro/Mechanical components
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Proven Change Management and Exit Strategy experience
- Be flexible to travel throughout Europe – 25% min travel
- Experience of purchasing casting and machined products
- Experience of working within a global supply base
- Experience using MRP systems
- Have strong communication skills
- Qualified auditor
- CIPS or part qualified
This role would be suitable for a Strategic Buyer or Lead Buyer or Commodity Manager or Commodity Specialist or Strategic Sourcing Specialist or Procurement Lead or Category Manager or Sourcing Lead.
For more information or to apply please contact Calum Brown at Excipion on email@example.com or call 02392 322337
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.