Supply Chain Lead
Supply Chain Lead Dorset – £35,000 – £40,000 – Permenant
An opportunity for a Supply Chain professional to join an exciting telecommunications company during a period of growth.
This role is responsible for component procurement, monitoring and managing stock levels and managing 3rd party export specialists.
The successful candidate will come from a Telecoms/Engineering background and will be eligible for clearance to SC level, as a minimum.
– Managing the buying process for goods
– Research and evaluate areas where costs can be reduced
– Develop and maintain skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts
– Prepare purchase orders in line with negotiations for selected suppliers in Sage 200
– Liaise with suppliers to resolve price, quantity, delivery or invoice issues
– Take control of stock and implement onward best practice
– Implement efficient and effective on going Supplier Management processes and procedures
Essential Experience required:
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Organisation and scheduling skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Effective communication skills
– Comprehensive Microsoft Office skills specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
– SAGE or comparable ERP system knowledge and experience
– Understanding of export control process in order to initially manage 3rd party experts with ongoing training to take this on
– Understanding of stock management procedures
– Telcoms/Engineering industry experience
– 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
– Non-Contributory Pension scheme
– Private Health Care Insurance
– Life Assurance
– Cycle to work and Child care voucher schemes
– Free on-site parking (with ample local amenities)
For more information or to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.