Transport Operations Solution Architect
Transport Operations Solution Architect – Darlington – up to £45k + Car, Bonus, Benefits
Excipion are currently working with a leader in the Digital Services space, operating across 72 countries, they turnover excess of €12billion and work with some of the world’s leading companies to fulfil their IT and Information Security needs.
One of their business units focuses on the e-payments sector, offering services across a range of industries to support their payment processing, solutions and mobility based needs. They work with a range of businesses from high street banks and major retailers to entertainment venues and mobile phone operators.
We’re looking for a software focused Solutions Architect to join their Rail Operations division, helping to develop products focused on the planning of train services, resource management and customer information provision. It’s an exciting time to join the team, they are looking to re-develop a number of parts of their portfolio to suit emerging demand, and the Solution Architect will play a key role.
The right candidate will:
- Maintain a product architectural roadmap in line with company strategy, and manage the compliance of products against the roadmap
- Join project teams developing new projects in the role of Solution Architect, assuring that the design and delivery achieves required architecture
- Work with hosting providers, third parties and external teams to ensure that all parties align successfully to deliver solutions to clients
- Work with Global colleagues to understand how UK solutions can be delivered into Global markets, concentrating specifically on technical issues, such as hosting, security, data segregation etc.
We’re looking for:
- A background in software architecture, design and development, with in-depth experience delivering product ready software within these roles
- Experience of working with :
- Application Server technology i.e. jBoss / Websphere/Others
- Oracle Application DBA and tuning,
- Middleware technologies (Websphere MQ, Intel, or similar),
- User interface technologies (HTML5, Java Server Faces or similar)
- Cloud technologies including hosting
- Extensive experience of IDEs, Source control, Modelling tools; Code quality and coverage tools; Automated/repeatable build tools
- Proven capability to work within areas building SOA solutions
- Good understanding of solution building block technologies such as Apache Camel, JBoss, JEE, JSF, EJB, mySQL, Hibernate, Linux, Network Protocols
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Application methodologies/frameworks and SOA (java based) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the UK Rail Industry would be an advantage but training and support can be provided
The company offers a great basis salary backed up by bonus and a solid benefits package. This is a key role in a leading department; there will be plenty of opportunity for progression upwards through the business and exposure to new technology and trainings.
For more information, his apply now and we’ll be in touch for a confidential conversation.